Vanilla Honey Bondi Chai Crème Brulée infused with Mint
Serves 4 – 6
- 5 egg yolks
- 35 grams Vanilla Honey Bondi Chai
- 40 grams sugar
- 500 ml cream
- 6 leaves of Vietnamese mint
- 100 grams castor sugar (to sprinkle on top)
- Mix together yolks, sugar and Vanilla Honey Bondi Chai.
- Bring the cream to the simmer with the mint, remove from heat and cool down to room temperature, strain over the egg mixture, and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into ramekins and bake (poach) at 90-100ºC in a water bath for 30 minutes or until set. Cool, preferably overnight in the refrigerator.
- Just before serving, sprinkle white caster sugar evenly over the ramequin and quickly melt the surface (preferably with a hand blowtorch or under a hot grill, until you have a nice golden crust). Serve immediately.